Check out the modified samples of the Supplemental Information Report for candidates taking the MCCQE Part I starting in spring 2018, and for the MCCQE Part II starting in fall 2018.
- The name “Supplemental Information Report” – to better reflect the report content.
- Simplified and standardized wording and figures across the exams.
- The subscores have changed to reflect domains under the two dimensions of the new Blueprint. Under Dimensions of Care there is health promotion and illness prevention, acute, chronic and psychosocial aspects. Under Physician Activities there is assessment/diagnosis, management, communication and professional behaviours. The information and figures remain similar to previous formats.
- Domain definitions and the percentage they represent on the test are now included on Page 3 of the report, to assist candidates’ understanding regarding the make-up of the exam.
What prompted these modifications?
- These Supplemental Information Report modifications are based on the new Blueprint for the MCCQE Part I and MCCQE Part II.
- These modifications are part of an overarching series of exam enhancements based on best practices to ensure the highest level of medical care for Canadians through excellence in evaluation of physicians.
How were these modifications developed?
- Data display, design, figures and text were developed internally across a number of MCC divisions, with checks against best practices from both a content and measurement perspective. Comments were also gathered from a small sampling of students, with planning in place to expand external input for future modifications.
To view samples of the modified Supplemental Information Report for the MCCQE Part I starting in spring 2018 please click here.
To view samples of the modified Supplemental Information Report for the MCCQE Part II starting in fall 2018, please click here.
Please note that candidates will be able to access their post-exam Supplemental Information Report through their physiciansapply.ca account.